Six club members and one guest attended the weekend meet to Knoydart Foundation Bunkhouse, Inverie – Andy, Bob, Deirdre, Cliff, Catriona, Kevin and Adam. All attendees extended the meet by also staying at Sheena’s Backpacker’s Hostel in Mallaig on Thursday evening.
– Andy ascended Beinn an Tuim (HuMP), Meall an Uillt Chaoil (HuMP) and Streap (Corbett).
– Bob ascended Sgurr nan Coireachan (Munro) and Sgurr Thuilm (Munro).
View from summit of Beinn an Tuim:
Final narrow ridge to summit of Streap:
On Friday, all attendees caught the Western Isles ferry from Mallaig to Inverie. A number of hills were then climbed.
– Andy, Bob, Deirdre and Cliff ascended Sgurr Coire Choinnichean (Corbett).
– Kevin and Adam ascended Ladhar Bheinn (Munro).
– Catriona ascended part-way up Sgurr Coire Choinnichean.
Aboard the Western Isles en-route to Inverie:
Impressive Allt Slochd a’ Mhogha gorge:
– Andy, Bob and Deirdre ascended Beinn Bhuidhe (Corbett).
– Kevin and Adam ascended Meall Bhuidhe (Munro) and Luinne Bheinn (Munro).
– Cliff and Catriona ascended to Mam Barrisdale and back.
Bob and Deirdre ascending Beinn Bhuidhe:
Ben Aden, Sgurr Mor, Sgurr na Ciche, etc. from summit of Beinn Bhuidhe:
– Andy, Bob and Adam ascended Beinn na Caillich (Corbett).
– Cliff and Catriona walked to Airor and back.
– Deirdre walked some distance low-level and also ascended Druim-na Cluain-airighe (Marilyn).
– Kevin walked low-level.
Carn Dubh ridge of Beinn na Caillich:
Bob with a fine-looking horse:
On Sunday evening, all attendees went for a meal at the Old Forge.
The Old Forge:
Inside the Old Forge:
On Monday, all attendees caught the Western Isles back to Mallaig before returning home.
The weather was fantastic throughout.